This is how to drive a good and right Matic car
Matic car is now increasingly popular among the community, its simpler and easier operation is the main attraction for the community. But for those of you who are accustomed to driving a manual car will definitely be confused about how to drive a car matic. Because on the side of the pedal the car has only two pedals, while the manual transmission uses three pedals.
Although in fact there are many people, especially urban communities who prefer to drive matic cars because they are considered easier to use for traffic jams. Unlike the manual car, the car has a very different lever. Before driving a matic car, let’s know the lever function first.
• P (park / parking): The P lever is used when the car is parked or stops. Therefore, make sure the leveling lever is in the P position when the car is in a stop state.
• R (return / backward): This lever is used when the car will run backwards, for example when going to park a car that allows the car to reverse. Before the car goes backwards, patikan the lever position is in the R position.
• N (neutral / neutral): N lever will be needed when on a traffic jam. To move the lever in position N should be assisted with a hand brake so that the vehicle can actually stop.
• D (drive / forward path): The drive lever itself consists of D1, D2 and D3. Each type of lever position D has its own functions, including D2 and D1 which are used for low and medium and D3 for medium to upper speeds.
• L (Low): The position of lever L is the lowest transmission position. The position of the lever is usually used when the car passes a steep incline or derivative.
After knowing the functions of each of these levers, here are some tips on how to drive a right-hand car.
1. How to turn on the engine
When you want to start the engine with a matic transmission, make sure that the car lever is in position P. This indicates that the car is parked or stopped. Please note, that a car engine that uses a new transmission can be switched on when the lever position is in the P or N (neutral) position.
2. Use of brakes and gas
When going to start the car, make sure first that the brakes have also been pressed. If you want to shift the lever from the position of P to R or N to D, you should press the brake slightly in the shifting lever. This is useful to avoid friction between components so that the wear of the machine can be neutralized.
3. Start the car
Make sure the lever is in the D (Drive) position if it will go forward or position (Return) if the car will run backwards. useful for walking forward while the lever is in the R (backward) position. If you first learn to drive a matic car, you should run the car at medium speed, ranging from 20-30 km / h to avoid undesirable things.
Then if you want to increase speed, start by shifting the D1 to D2 or D3 levers according to the desired speed. Whereas if it is going to pass through the incline which is of medium height, then use mode D, while for a slope that is high enough it can use the transmission lever in position L. In shifting the lever, it is advisable to step on the brake pedal which functions so that friction between the machines can be neutralized.
To drive a matic car in a traffic jam is also easier and simpler than a manual car, this is what makes the car become an urban community idol who is accustomed to driving on traffic. Driving a matic car when it is stuck only needs to hold the brake to make the car stop for a few seconds.
As for the condition of the downhill road, it is almost the same as driving a manual car. But for cars matic must be assisted with the use of brakes, more L, because if the car goes faster, the transmission will command the gear to move to the higher gear according to the speed of the vehicle. This can cause the car to be increasingly controlled in the derivative.
Those are some tips on how to drive a matic car that can make it easier for you. Keep in mind that driving a matic car is actually easy, there are those who find it easier to drive a manual car because it is used or vice versa. We recommend that if you learn to drive a car, it’s good to be accompanied by experienced people.